Transport Dispatcher – Full Time
Local Link Tipperary is the Transport Coordination Unit for County Tipperary, funded by the National Transport Authority and tasked with providing rural/community transport services.
Applications are invited for the post of Transport Dispatcher.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in dispatch, customer service and communications in a transport and/or customer focused environment. She/He should have a good knowledge of scheduling, effective journey routing and planning on a computerised system, have good communication skills, of reading and interpreting maps, and be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Promptly and professionally respond to passenger service requests and schedule the appropriate transport services.
- Answer customer service telephone, provide general information and determine specific service needs.
- Use a computerised scheduling system to input passenger and service information (training onsite will be provided) and comply with all relevant company data protection policies and compliance.
- Assist the Manager and other Staff Members with all elements of transport service delivery as required.
- Communicate with transport providers/drivers/passengers to ensure that the services provided match what is required.
The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Computer literacy essential.
- Experience of working with community and voluntary organisations.
Applications via a covering letter and accompanying CV to be sent to the Manager;
By email to: email@example.com .
By Post to: The Manager, Local Link Tipperary, Templemore Thurles Municipal District Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co.Tipperary.
Please mark your envelope “Confidential – Manager”.
For the full Job Description / Person Specification or queries please contact Anthony Moroney at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for applications is 3pm, Friday 26th July 2019.
Interviews will take place during the week 19th August – 23rd August, 2019.
Shortlisting of applicants may apply.
Tipperary TCU CLG, t/a Local Link Tipperary, is an equal opportunities employer.